A self-proclaimed political junkie, artist Allan Harding MacKay creatively digitizes his satirical views about the recurring political and celebrity buffoonery in Canada and elsewhere. The characters featured in his cartoon collages either occupy the electoral centre stage or strategically manipulate it from the wings. Contingent on current political circumstances, images of the players are plucked from the Internet and inserted into various staged settings. Begun in mid-2013, and emailed for fun to friends, these creations give MacKay a platform to humorously vent his opinion and protest the daily news he avidly reads online.
The Court Painter & archives are now online!
- Satire en noire et blanc, Le Droit, Oct 17, 2015
- Stephen Harper, Canadian politicians targeted in new exhibition at Cube Gallery, CBC News, Oct 6, 2015
- Satire unbound: Election 2015 'court painter' showing work at Ottawa gallery Ottawa Citizen, Oct 6, 2015
- Fighting Harper’s Conservative Government With Art The Globe & Mail, BC ed.09-3, 2015
- War Artist Joins International Art Gallery Exhibit Penticton Western News, June 2015
- A Satirist Quietly Ridicules Duffy, Harper, Trudeau and the Political Circus Ottawa Citizen, May 11, 2015